St. Thomas University no longer offers the Enhanced Educational Experience program to students enrolled in Education programs as of February 23, 2016, or to students enrolled in Business programs as of March 15, 2016. Therefore, textbooks and Amazon Kindle Fire 7 devices are no longer included in tuition for students enrolled in Education programs on or after February 23, 2016 or for students enrolled in Business programs on or after March 15, 2016.
However, those students who enrolled prior to the offer termination date corresponding to their degree program, and who otherwise would have qualified for participation in the program, are entitled to receive the benefits of the program to the same extent and under the same terms and conditions that were on offer before the program terminated.
The following terms and conditions apply only to students who (1) enrolled prior to the applicable offer termination date corresponding to their degree program, and (2) otherwise meet the separate eligibility requirements for participation in the program:
Enhanced Educational Experience (Amazon Kindle Fire 7 and free textbooks)
St. Thomas University’s Enhanced Educational Experience program aims to support online learning outcomes through simplifying the student experience. This program currently includes the following components:
- Required books are included in tuition: St. Thomas University aims to provide course material to students enrolling in select online degree programs. Currently, course materials are defined as required textbooks. This benefit does not cover optional reading assignments or any material other than the official required textbooks.
- Textbooks may be delivered in either hard copy or electronic format, at St. Thomas University’s sole discretion. In most cases:
- If an e-book (textbook in electronic format) exists for a given title, students will receive the e-book
- If a student prefers a print version, the student may purchase one at the student’s expense (including shipping/delivery charges)
- If an e-book doesn’t exist for a given title, students will receive a print version (paid for and shipped by St. Thomas University), typically in the following order:
- Used version
- If no used version is available, students will receive a rental book
- If no rental version is available, students will receive a new copy of the print version
- An Amazon Kindle Fire 7 is included in tuition, under the following conditions:
- The Amazon Kindle Fire 7 is only available to residents of the United States and Canada
- Applicants must successfully meet all requirements for admission, and become enrolled in a St. Thomas University Online M.S. program before receiving the Amazon Kindle Fire 7
- The Amazon Kindle Fire 7 will be shipped to the recipient after successful completion of the second 3-credit course, with a passing grade. Please note that processing and shipment may take several weeks after verification of completion.
- Upon receipt of the Amazon Kindle Fire 7, the student accepts sole ownership of the device(s)
- The Amazon Kindle Fire 7 offer can only be combined with other offers at St. Thomas University’s sole discretion
- The Amazon Kindle Fire 7 model selection is at St. Thomas University’s sole discretion
- While the manufacturer’s warranty may apply, no claims, representations or warranties, whether expressed or implied, are made by St. Thomas University as to the safety, reliability, durability, quality, condition, merchantability, fitness for particular purpose and performance of the device. Furthermore, St. Thomas University accepts no liability whatsoever for the safety, reliability, durability, quality, condition, merchantability, fitness for particular purpose or performance of the device.
- The Amazon Kindle Fire 7 is not intended to be the primary device for accessing online classroom and course material
- Amazon Kindle Fire 7s are awarded only once, with no replacements in case of loss, theft, or damage due to any reason
This program is available to any enrolled online St. Thomas University graduate student. The program can be cancelled or modified at St. Thomas University’s sole discretion at any time.