Dr. Jolen Troy Robinson Doctoral Dissertation Chair and Associate Professor
"Don't delay; begin the program NOW. Your education is an investment in the future for yourself as well as your family."
- Ed.D. in Instructional Technology & Distance Education – Nova Southeastern University, 1999
- Ed.S. in Computer Science Education – Nova Southeastern University, 1992
- M.Ed. in Administration & Supervision – University of South Florida, 1983
- BS in Elementary Education – Southeast Missouri State University, 1977
- Chair, Department of Higher Education Leadership & Instructional Technology, Fischler College of Education, Nova Southeastern University
- Assistant Professor and Program Coordinator, Department of Language and Literacy, Fischler College of Education, Nova Southeastern University
- Director of Academic and Faculty Support/Program Professor, Fischler College of Education, Nova Southeastern University
- Reading specialist at Lloyd Estates Elementary, Broward County Schools, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
- Adjunct teaching, Reading and Leadership courses (online and site-based bachelor's, master's and doctoral courses) for Northcentral University, Ozarks Community Technical College, and Touro College.
- Dissertation Chair for 5 doctoral students, Northcentral University's Ombudsman Program, 2016-2017
- 16 years of experience in higher education as professor and program director
- 27 years of experience in public education
Links to share:
Dr. Robinson's Bookmarks for Educators: http://draggo.com/jotrobin
Dr. Robinson's Educational Links: http://iKeepBookmarks.com/JTRobinson
A Critical Analysis of an Educational System's Design; http://www.nova.edu/~robint/pubs/ISD_1.html
Application of Systems Design Techniques for the Development of a Technology Integration Staff Development Project; http://www.nova.edu/~robint/pubs/ISD_2.html
Curriculum Assessment of a Technology Integration Staff Development Project; http://www.nova.edu/~robint/pubs/ISD_3.html
Analysis of an Instructional Software Program based on the Dick & Carey Instructional Design Model; http://www.nova.edu/~robint/pubs/ID_1.html
Design of an Instructional Resource; http://www.nova.edu/~robint/pubs/id_2.html
Robinson's Jigsaw Instructional Design Model; http://www.nova.edu/~robint/pubs/ID_3.html
What do you want students to learn in these classes?
- Describe the major considerations and issues in leadership and innovation
- Construct and gauge the effectiveness of technology plans and policies
- Demonstrate proficiency with widely used computer-based decision support and statistical processing applications
- Gain a deeper understanding of corporate governance and accountability
- Assess risks and opportunities in business with a focus on corporate social responsibility
- Differentiate among social platforms and assess the viability of various social media tools relative to an organization's desired outcomes and goals
- Develop a sound social media plan that supports the entire organization
Why did you start teaching?
To make a difference in the lives of others—not just students, but everyone I encounter as an educator.
What advice would you give to those considering this degree program?
Don't delay; begin the program NOW. Your education is an investment in the future for yourself as well as your family.
What qualities make someone particularly successful in this field?
Having a clear understanding of self and ethics and being always ready to learn.
What is the one book you think everyone should read?
"Tuesdays with Morrie" by Mitch Albom.
Tell us something interesting about yourself that your students might not know about you.
I am an avid tropical gardener. I am happiest when I am working among my plants.