Dr. Kennedy Maranga Lead Dissertation Chair and Associate Professor
"I want students to understand the concepts discussed in class and apply them in real-life situations."
- Ph.D. in Public Policy and Administration – Walden University, 2011
- M.S. in Higher Education Leadership – Walden University, 2013
- LLM – Washington University in St. Louis, 2007
- Sampayo, J & Maranga, K, (2019). The Servant-Leader Model: Air Force Lawyers, Journal of Management Policy and Practice, 20(2) ISSN 1913-8067
- Forsyth, B: Maranga, K (2018) The Spirit of Leadership: Past, Present and Future, Journal of Leadership, Accountability and Ethics, 15(2)
- Maranga, K. (2018). Globalization and its Implications for Global Leadership, Journal of Management and Practice, 18(4)
- Bagwell, T; Cropt, R; Maranga, K; Al-Rousan T; Garling R; Tichenor C; Reed A, Baporikar, N; & Capatina, A, (2018). Information Technology as a Facilitator of Social Processes in Project Management and Collaborative Work, IGI Global Publishers, SBN13: 9781522534716|ISBN10: 1522534717|EISBN13: 9781522534723
- Maranga, K, Livingood, R, Levy, D. (October 2016). Perspective of Qualitative Research Methods, ISBN: 978-1-943926-95-4
- Fosyth, B, & Maranga, K. (2016). Training and Global leadership Competencies, Journal of Leadership, Accountability and Ethics, 12(5), 76-83
- Maranga, K. & Sampayo, J. (2015). The Beatles’ Personalities--Leadership Style as it Relates to the 21st Century, Journal of Leadership, Accountability and Ethics, 12(1),98-106
- Maranga, K. (2015). Management and Leadership in a Global Environment, Journal of Management Policy and Practice, 16(1), 83-89
- Maranga, K. (2014). Indigenous Peoples: Socio-economic, Cultural and Political dynamics in the 21st century, Indigenous Policy Journal, 1(2), 12-22
- Maranga, K. (2013). Indigenous People and the Role of Culture, Law and Globalization (Americas, Asia-Pacific and Africa), ISBN: 978612332673
- Maranga, K. (2012). Contextual and Comparative Analysis of Constitutionalism and Political Culture on Elections: Kenya and Zimbabwe, Journal of Global Affairs and Public Policy, 1(1), 1-13.
- Maranga, K. (2011). The Changing Role of State Responsibility: Comparative Approach, Journal of Global Affairs and Public Policy, 1(1), 1-24
In which online degree program do you teach?
Which classes do you teach online?
RES 820, RES 821, ELI 807, ELI 814 and ELI 815
What do you want students to learn in these classes?
I want students to understand the concepts discussed in class and apply them in real-life situations.
What advice would you give to those considering the Ed.D Leadership and Innovation program?
- Get used to constructive criticism
- Manage your time properly
- Be realistic on your the goals you set
- Set aside 10-15 hours a week for your dissertation writing
What qualities make someone particularly successful in education?
The ability to be scientific in conducting research and a critical thinker
Why did you start teaching?
I had the desire to help students understand and achieve their full potential.
What is the one book you think everyone should read?
“Drive: The Surprising Truth about What Motivates Us” by Daniel Pink
Tell us something interesting about yourself that your students might not know.
I enjoy traveling and listening to all kinds of music.