St. Thomas University offers an accelerated online MBA designed for the highly motivated working professional. The all-online MBA is an ideal match for individuals who have the time-management skills to balance work and online courses.
The online MBA with a Concentration in Human Resource Management gives students a solid ethical foundation in human resource management and business so they are prepared for HR leadership roles across a broad spectrum of HR-related enterprises. MBA candidates can complete this career-advancing degree in just 10 months.
How Can I Earn My MBA in Under a Year?
STU’s online MBA is designed for the working professional. Accelerated seven-week courses are taught by faculty who draw from decades of real-world experience. Students who wish to graduate in 10 months must take and pass two courses per session for five consecutive sessions.
The online MBA with a Concentration in Human Resource Management is composed of 10-13 courses that include 21 credit hours of core classes, nine credit hours of electives and up to nine hours of foundation courses. For students to graduate in the minimum timeline, they must have previously completed the foundational class requirements or equivalent graduate-level classes.
Foundational courses include:
- Essentials of Accounting: This course covers accounting principles for individuals with no previous background in accounting. The class focuses on how financial data is collected, reported and interpreted.
- Statistical Analysis for Management: This course provides a foundation in statistical methodologies and business data interpretation.
- Foundation for Business Studies: This online class provides a basic understanding of accounting, economics, statistics and case study analysis.
Any student who is new to the online MBA program may qualify for a $10,000 scholarship, which reduces the tuition to $14,999.
What Should I Expect From Accelerated Study?
Time management is a skill, and as with any skill, it can be learned. Students weak in time management can benefit from simple, proven tips.
- Look ahead: It’s easy to get bogged down in the day-to-day deadlines of graduate school and work. The most successful students keep long-term goals on the horizon to avoid surprises.
- Check in daily: Even if you don’t have time to complete coursework every day, you should visit the online portal for updates or notes posted by your professor or colleagues.
- Don’t be afraid or embarrassed to ask for help: What’s true for brick-and-mortar classes is also true online. If you don’t understand a topic, speak up.
- Have a plan: Setting goals and mapping out project timelines will keep on course and on track to graduate in 10 months.
Accelerate Your Career at STU
STU’s online MBA with a Concentration in Human Resource Management is a great way to build a foundation of relevant subjects such as performance appraisal, compensation management, training and development, and labor-management relations. By adopting simple time-management tips, you can be well on your way to earning your MBA.
Learn more about St. Thomas University’s online MBA with a Concentration in Human Resource Management.